Monday, 23 September 2019

To my dearest mother,

In this early morning, I had attended my first class for Biochemistry. Through the lesson, I could clearly understand about what was biochemistry in a very detail way. In actual biochemistry was divided into three areas of studies where were conformational, metabolism and informational. For conformational I had studied about the structure and the arrangements of biomolecule. As we people know, metabolism is a process by which our body will convert the foods and drinks that we consumed into energy. Therefore mother, through this metabolism I was being acknowledged about how the energy could be produced in our body. Not only that, through the study area of informational, I also being taught that there could have language for communication inside and between cell.

From the lesson, I also knew that biomolecules could have different structure and size. Mostly, these biomolecules consists of carbon-containing compound which form simple-double and triple bond, with other atoms such as hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen. According to my understanding, there are four major types of biomolecules which are carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids and proteins. Each of the biomolecules has their own roles or function. For instance, lipids help the body to store the energy in the form of fats.

Mother, do you know that this biochemistry was widely applied in various field and also even in our daily life. For example, we use detergent to wash our clothes as detergent contained enzyme that able to break down the stains on the cloth. Moreover, in agriculture, herbicides or pesticides were used to vanish the pest that destroy the crops. In this way, we were able to increase the yield and production of the crops. It was undeniable that biochemistry also used in food processing so that high quality of products could be produced and also to ensure that the foods could be stored in long-term of periods.

That’s is all from me. Hope that one day you will find out this content that I write for you.

Christie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fila table (PBL 2) (Qila)